Google has launched Android Things, an Android-based device OS for the Internet of Things. To start with Android Things, we are in need of some of hardware.
1. Computing Board
2. Power Supply for Computing Board
3. MicroSD card (16GB will be enough)
4. MicroSD card reader/writer
5. Ethernet Cable with Internet Connection
6. HDMI Cable (Optional)
7. HDMI enabled Display (Optional)
8. Electronic Components Project Kit consisting of Breadboard, Capacitor, Resistor, LED, Switch etc.(Optional)
Android Things supports five boards, out of which we will be using Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
The Raspberry Pi 3 is powered by a +5.1V micro USB supply. Exactly how much current (mA) the Raspberry Pi requires is dependent on what you connect to it. We have found that purchasing a 2.5A power supply from a reputable retailer will provide you with ample power to run your Raspberry Pi.
Among other things, It's good to purchase Electronic Components Project Kit. It's comes very handy at the time of learning IoT. We will be using following Electronic Components Project Kit, that is cheap but also consist very basic sensors and hardware that are needed while learning IoT: