If you don't have Android Studio Installed, First Download Android studio latest stable version. After downloading, install and open Android Studio. If you already have got Android Studio in your system, please check or update it so:Update your SDK tools to version 25.0.3 or higher.Update your SDK with Android 8.0 (API 26) or higher.In order to access new APIs for Things, you must create a project or modify an existing project that targets Android 8.0 (API level 26) or higher. Add the library.
1. Start a new project by clicking Start a new Android Studio Project.
2. Input Application Name and Domain Name:
3. Select "Android Things" template from Target Devices Screen:
4. Select "Android Things Empty Activity" from templates:
5. Click Next/Finish and wait:
6. The final screen will be like:
We will see the code we have to do to get it working, in next step. For now we are ready to connect studio with raspberry pi, so we can move ahead.